Thank you for your interest in becoming a HeartStories.com guest contributor. We are thrilled to have you and can’t wait to share your story.
HeartStories is a community of women who are committed to replacing the “noise” of our busy lives and our old stories with truth and love for ourselves and others. We are pioneering a new way of living in consistent community with a small, intentional, and supportive group of women who remind us of who we really are.
While we absolutely want you to bring your own unique voice to the conversation, we would love it if you’d take time to read a few of our current blog posts to get a feel for the tone of our community. In order to ensure that contributor content aligns with the overall spirit of HeartStories, we’ve provided a few guideposts below.
Descriptors of the tone we foster:
- respectful of self and others
- shows a progression towards transformation
- it can be as fun or serious as you like
Subjects we focus on:
- self worth
- love for ourselves and others
- leaving a legacy
- impact of what we believe about ourselves on others
- self care
- healthy living
- wholehearted living
- High-quality, original content (not published anywhere else online)
- 750 words or less (the Word Count Tool is handy: www.wordcounttool.com)
- Use of bullets, lists, and short paragraphs is highly encouraged as it makes reading much easier
- Photos are encouraged
- Please make a concerted effort to use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Due to time constraints, submissions which require excessive editing cannot be accepted
- Any links in your post should be relevant and valid
- Please include a short bio (100 words or less) at the end of your post
- Feel free to include a link to your site in your bio
- Feel free to include a headshot as a jpg (cropped to 120 x 120 pixels)
Please refrain from the following:
- Sexual language
- Political endorsement of a party, candidate or political commentary
- Op-ed commentary on controversial social and/or political issues
- Derogatory or inflammatory language.
- Promoting your products or services within the body of the blog
- Please do not submit in HTML format, a Word or text document.
- Simply type your post in your email and attach relevant images to the email.
- Insert the title of your post in the subject line along with your name
- Submit your post to email@example.com
- Depending on how many guest posts are in our queue, it may be several weeks before your post is published
- We will do our best to notify you the day your post goes live
These guidelines are not meant to stifle your creativity in any way. They are meant to foster the type of supportive environment we been working hard to create within the HeartStories community.
HeartStories does not offer monetary compensation for guest posts at this time. We will, however, link to blog posts from our social platforms to help spread the word. We’d love it if you’d also let your audience know you’ve shared a story with us. We’re happy to provide our logo for your use.
We look forward to collaborating with you to encourage women everywhere to embrace their true worth, find meaning in supportive friendships, and leave an inspiring legacy as a result.
Thanks for being part of our story!